Sunday, June 14, 2009

God's Unconditional Love

After my divorce in 2006, I began living my life the way I wanted to without thinking of the consequences of my actions. I was upset at God for allowing me to go through the pain of marriage to someone I wasn't supposed to be married to in the first place. I felt free as a bird once the divorce was finalized. It wasn't too soon after I began my wild lifestyle, that I realized I wasn't being me. I put on a mask, a facade if you will, of what I thought was my personality. The love of my Heavenly Father shown through my parents and my friends and at point I came to my senses. I began to change how I was approaching divorced life. Since I hadn't discussed my feelings with no one but my family I bottled up everything and it started affecting my work to the point that I could have been placed on probation. I had to seek a counselor through the Employee Assistance Program at Vanderbilt. After talking with a person outside my family, I began to realize I wasn't trusting in God to take away the pain and suffering. I didn't allow Him to wrap His loving arms around me and hold me while I was hurting. I felt that I could never face Him again because of how I know feels about divorce. Once again my friends and family came through for me and helped me take blame off myself and start living my life in a positive manner.

God places individuals in your life for a reason. To give you comfort and assurance that He is in control of everything and wants you to relinquish control of your life over to Him. Trust in the omnipotent and omniscient God to carry you in times of hardship and pain!

Love you all and hope this post is as moving to you as it was to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you let go and let God!

Linda said...

Amazing healing to be found if you allow a "God-Hug"....