Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cliche alert: Life isn't easy!

There are so many people I know who think they have life pegged or figured out if you will. They make the wrong decisions thinking their father, mother, or friends will bail them out. This is perplexing to me. Why be so stubborn? The only answer I have for that question is they don't want to let God take control of their lives. They want to spend all their money, rush into situations with only tunnel vision, or think they know everything and do not need to rely on the omniscient God. I have news for you brothers and sisters: that will only lead to heartache and headache. Heed my warning when I say let God control your life. He made you and knows you better than any human being would ever know. I know it seems impossible to give control to someone you cannot see. That is where faith comes in. You feel the breeze but yet you cannot see it. Why not let the King of the Universe show you the path you need to take. "Be still and know I am God" says Psalm 46:10.

Let me tell you about my struggle with giving up control to God. I have always been an independent individual. I wanted to control my own life. I wouldn't even let my parents tell me what I needed to do for my own benefit. Stubborness was my rebellion against my parents. I still have those tendencies to want to control the outcomes of my life. When I started going to college and hung out with some amazing Christian friends who were great influences to me I realized I needed to change my perspective and relinquish full control of my life over to God. I have met more friends along the road that have inspired me to follow God's path for my life. I love each and every one of them for their compassion they have shown me and being advocates for my spiritual life.

When you give God the reigns of your life He will pour out blessings you cannot even imagine. Remember, this does not mean life will be easy. Life will always be difficult because we live in a sinful world. Giving Him control means you will have a better life, one filled with amazing beauty and splendor.

No comments: